Serenbe Farms

CSA

What is CSA? •  2014 Program Info •  FAQ •  Newsletters •  CSA Manual

CSA (Community Supported Agriculture)

Community Support Association - Serenbe Farms

Community Supported Agriculture, or CSA, is a relationship of mutual support and commitment between farmers and members. It implies a willingness to share both the bounty from the land and at least some of the risks involved with production.

Through seasonal subscriptions, growers provide CSA members with weekly fresh vegetable selections. The result? Just picked-fresh, locally grown produce; vegetables grown for flavor, not shelf life; and a vibrant local farm economy.

Serenbe Farms provides organic CSA veggie shares for weekly subscribers on the farm.

Sign up information for 2014 can be found here.

CSA - Serenbe Farms

Why join our CSA program?

-Freshness and quality of produce. Just picked, selected for flavor, handled with care, and grown on well balanced soils, your food will be at the pinnacle of freshness and quality.  47 out of 50 CSA members in our 2010 survey rated our quality as excellent.

-Support local farmers and your local economy. When supporting local businesses, you are developing community and keeping your dollar in the local economy.

-Great flavor of local, organic vegetables.  ”The produce Serenbe Farms provides is so much better than you’d ever get in the store.”

-Superior nutrition.  Organic vegetables grown in balanced soil and picked and eaten at their peak are more likely to contain a balanced array of nutrients and minerals.

-Safer food. Eat healthier.  No pesticides, GMOs, chemicals, or additives are used on our farm.  Also the reduced travel time means more freshness and less spoilage.

-Learn to love new vegetables. “I never thought that kohlrabi would be my new favorite vegetable.  Just shred it and add a little salt, lemon juice, and parmesan, yum!”

-Visit the farm. Take a tour, pick your own, develop a relationship with your farmer and your farmland.  We encourage our CSA members to visit the farm or volunteer at least once during the growing season.

-Feel good about your footprint. Only about 10% of the world’s fossil fuel supply for food production goes to producing food.  The other 90% goes towards packaging, transportation, and marketing.  The average distance conventional food travels to your table is 1500 miles.  Our food travels on average 15 miles.  We take measures to offset our fossil fuel use by buying materials as locally as possible, utilizing biodiesel in our tractor, and doing much of our work by hand.

-Have fun! Visit our farmers market festivities, CSA potlucks, bonfires, stop by the farm, let your kids run around.  Enjoy farm time!

-Meet new people. Our market-style distribution encourages conversation and develops community with other like-minded people.

-Cook creatively and utilize new recipes. “My favorite part of the CSA program was being challenged to try new things and to use the shares effectively each week.  For the first time in my life, I started planning meals around the seasons and LOVED it!  I feel more connected now . . . more in tune”

Learn more about our Serenbe Farms  2014 CSA Program Information.

See some of our FAQs.

Facebook Twitter Blog
Copyright © 2010 Serenbe Farms. All Rights Reserved.
Photos copyright © 2010 Paige Witherington. All Rights Reserved.
8457 Atlanta Newnan Road
Chattahoochee Hills, GA 30268
info@serenbefarms.com