Serenbe Farmers Market-
201 4 season is from May 10th until November 1st, 9 am until noon.
The Serenbe Farmers and Artists Market is an eclectic market comprised of small local and sustainable growers, artisans, and craftsmen. A broad spectrum of vendors and customers meet each Saturday morning from 9 am until noon to share in their passion for sustainable food and local art.
Our established market is held in a unique outdoor environment in the village green of the Serenbe community, surrounded by retail shops, restaurants, and art galleries. Each Saturday, we highlight exciting events and programming geared to educate and entertain our ever-growing customer base. We will have monthly chef demos, canning and preserving demos seasonally, and activities for children. In addition we will have farm tours available to the public every Saturday after market at 1230, for $5. (limited space available on tours, so please email to schedule in advance firstname.lastname@example.org)
Become a fan of our Serenbe Farmers and Artists Market on Facebook here!
Serenbe Market Events:
- July 26: Flower Power Market - Bring your kids out to learn how to plant an herb pot with our farm apprentices! While you are at market, meet Nadine Bratti, the proprietor of Serenbe’s new General Store and learn about the products she will be offering. And Don’t forget to stay cool with King of Pops!
- August 2: Celebrate the beginning of August at Serenbe! We will be painting our farm truck so be sure to bring the kids. While your kids channel their inner Picasso you can sit and listen to the sweet tunes of Paige McCauley or meet Jarrett from “Eat Me, Speak Me” during his cooking demonstration. Queen of Cream will be keeping us cool with their gourmet ice cream!
- August 9: Ride your bike to market! We will be hosting a Bike Day with Peachtree Bikes. One of their sales representatives will be at market to talk about the services and products that they offer in their Serenbe store. Come out and hear about their future events as well! Lyn Deardorff of Preserving Now will be doing a canning demonstration under our cooking demo tent. Lyn shares canning and preserving know-how through workshops in the Atlanta and North Georgia area. For more information on classes you can see her website, along with recipes and tips: www.PreservingNow.com. This will also be our first weekend having ponies at market! Come and take a ride with Ashley from Serenbe Trail Riding.
- August 16: Dairy Day: The Threadbare Skivvies will be back to sing us some of their favorite tunes, we will have a children’s book reading, and Many Fold Farms will be out to teach us about plating, pairing, and cooking with their yummy cheese!
- August 23: Melon Madness: Join us in celbrating one of the South’s favorite things of summer, MELONS! We will have Nick Leahy from Saltyard under our Cooking Demonstration tent to highlight his favorite melon dish. We will also have Raven and Red serenading us with their smooth bluegrass songs.
- August 30: Bee Day: BZZZZ. It’s true- urban beekeeping is on the rise! Come hear what all the buzz is about!
**Vendors interested in joining our market. We are still accepting vendors for the 2014 season, if interested please look over and fill out our application and email to the Serenbe market coordinator, Sterling Blankenship at email@example.com, along with any other questions.
Serenbe Farmers Market Application 2014
Peachtree Road Farmers Market-
This year we will also be attending the The Peachtree Road Farmers Market, in Atlanta, every other Saturday April to December from 830 am till noon, beginning April 12. The market is located at Saint Phillips Cathedral, in their parking lot, on Peachtree Road in Buckhead. (Directly across from Fellini’s). If you are in the Atlanta area on a Saturday morning and looking for vegetables, Peachtree Road Market is the place to be. Come check us out as well as all the other fabulous local vendors and show your support.